Antonia Maria Apolinário-Wilcoxon, EdD., Equity Strategies, LLC, principal consultant provides direction and leadership in private, public, and collaborative efforts working to improve the lives of disenfranchised and vulnerable persons impacted by inequities. Dr. Apolinário-Wilcoxon obtained her doctorate degree in educational leadership focusing on critical studies informed by critical pedagogy theorists. An African-Brazilian, she brings experiences in education, corporate, private nonprofits and government to lead efforts that bring agency, voice and liberation in spaces where the presence of oppression, bias and other barriers silence the most valuable voices to find solutions to problems in their world.
Dr. Apolinário-Wilcoxon’s approach is one of listening deeply, exercising inquiry to enable wisdom and insights to emerge. Her facilitation is participatory, inclusive, resourceful, caring, and thoughtful.
She is a volunteer member of several advisory boards, including boards of directors:
• President-Elect, Minnesota Public Health Association (2023)
• Chair (2022), People’s Center Clinics and Services Board of Directors
• Chair, Center for Resilient Families, University of Minnesota/Arizona, Federal Grant
• Member, African American Registry Board of Directors
• Member, Public Health Administration and Policy Community/Alumni Advisory Board, U of MN
• Member, Program in Health Disparities Research Advisory Board, U of MN/Medical School
• Member, National Association of Black Social Workers
• Member, ICHRP (Integrated Care for High-Risk Pregnancy/Healthy Black Pregnancy Board)